Hello, and welcome!
I’m so glad you’re here and that you’re in the Better Messaging, Better Results course. It’s all about how to create effective marketing messaging for your real, human customers.
I am thrilled to be able to share the unique messaging framework that my team and I have developed during our years as a content marketing agency.
Over the years, I’ve worked with hundreds of leaders and brands to develop strategies for brand story, content marketing, communications and messaging—and messaging is the bit I love the most.
Messaging is all about knowing who you’re talking to, and finding a way to connect with them, to serve their needs as well as, ideally, your own. It’s very much like a conversation, where you’re anticipating your fellow conversationalist’s needs and concerns.
What’s In This Course
Over the next 2hrs, I’m going to guide you to define your content goals, and to understand your target audiences and their customer journey so that you can identify the most important messages to convey, in order to get business results.
When you finish, you’ll have a full Messaging Map for one of your customer personas—including specific messaging that will guide them from Awareness to Engagement to Consideration (of your brand and/or offerings) to Advocacy—as well as a clear understanding of the process for creating authentic messaging. You’ll then be able to apply that learning to any additional audience groups or personas you’d like to include in your marketing.
How to Prepare for the Course
Before we get rolling, here are some steps you can take right now which will help you get the most out of this course:
- If you already have clear goals for your business, content, or social media marketing, gather those in advance, or jot them down.
- If you already have materials relating to customer personas, or sales avatars, or audience groups, gather those in advance.
- Start to consider your most important persona or audience groups, and choose one that you’d most like to focus on during this course. This is the group we’ll flesh out into a persona, and for which we’ll develop your first key messages. This important persona might represent your bread-and-butter clients; a new group of people you want or need to attract and engage; or perhaps a more refined version of a customer group you currently serve.
- If you already have materials relating to your messaging (amazing!), gather those in advance, too.
- Introduce yourself in our Thinkific Community and use this community platform to ask questions, get feedback and share your messaging struggles with other students. While you’re at it, you may wish to invite other members of your team to join you as you’re taking this course. Diverse perspectives really enhance the messaging process.
- ORIENTATION: Course Overview & Materials
- INTRODUCTION: What is Better Messaging
- STEP 1: Setting Clear and Actionable Content Objectives
- STEP 2: Understanding Your Very Human Audiences + Developing Your First Persona
- STEP 3: Aligning Your Offerings (And Making Sure You’re Getting Something Out of Your Messaging, Too)
- STEP 4: Defining Your Messaging ‘Job To Be Done’
- STEP 5: Expressing Your Messaging Through Content
- Conclusion & Take Aways
What are you most interested in learning about?
As we start moving and progressing through the course, I’d love you to take some time to consider what kind of transformation you’d most like to achieve as a result of taking this course.
Is there a specific aspect of this course that you’re most interested in learning about?
This might be something you’re looking to improve in your business, or maybe a professional or personal development goal.
What is your desired outcome?
Here’s a more specific exercise that’s aligned with getting clear about your messaging … Please take a few moments to consider the outcomes of taking this course.
After taking this course, I will be able to___________.